Poulner Freetime Club provides after school childcare for children aged 4 to 11. We pride ourselves on having a safe and happy environment, supervised by experienced and qualified staff.
Set up as an independent charity by parents, Poulner Freetime Club is OFSTED registered. We offer places on a first come, first served basis, regardless of race, religion, gender or abilities.
We’re located on North Poulner Road, in the Community Room adjacent to Poulner Junior School, Ringwood.
Poulner Freetime Club is registered with OFSTED as a day care facility providing sessional supervised activities for 4 to 11 year olds for a period of 2 or more hours per day. A copy of the registration document is displayed at the Club during all sessions.
OFSTED REG. No. 110557 CHARITY REG. No. 1092958
In addition to our well-equipped centre, we are fortunate to have large playing fields on our doorstep. There’s plenty of fun to be had with our varied programme of recreational and educational activities, including all kinds of arts and crafts, baking, games and sports.
We also have an jungle themed book corner area where children can read and rest and also a homework table for children to study or do their homework. Help is always at hand for reading and homework.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Club sessions start at 3.15 pm and finish at 6.00 pm
- Children from Poulner Infant School are met by Freetime Club staff in the Infant School hall and walked across to club on the ‘bead bus’.
- Children from Poulner Junior School make their own way to the Club and are met, and signed in, by our staff.
- At 4.00 pm the children are given a drink and a snack consisting of a varied selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, raisins, cheese, fruit bread, plain popcorn, toast etc
Booking essential – please call 07870 448183
FEES & PAYMENTS
Registration fee £5.00 per family
After School Club: £8.00 per child per session
Foundation Stage Children £9.50 per child per session ( from September 2018)
Late collection penalty after 6.00 pm: £10.00 per 15 minutes
Payments must be made by the 14th of each month in advance. Late payments will be charged at £10.00 per month.
If payments are not forthcoming, bookings will be cancelled and made available to other people. No refunds will be given for any cancellations on bookings.
One months notice is required to cancel places.
Fees for the Club may change slightly each year, but one month’s notice will be given.
HOW TO JOIN POULNER FREETIME CLUB
To attend our after school sessions, each child must first be registered. Please click on ‘Registration Form’ to download the form, which must be printed and signed.
Please note: the Registration Form contains an authorisation giving our Co-ordinator permission to act ‘in loco parentis’ if the parent/guardian cannot be contacted (see ‘Sickness, accidents, first aid and emergencies’ in the Important Information section below). If you do not wish to give this authorisation please specify in writing to our Play Leader.
Play Leader: Louise Norris
Deputy/ EYFS Co-ordinator Hollie Smith
Mobile: 07870 448183
Play Workers: Val Thomson, Annie Norris
Chairperson: Jackie Wilson
Treasurer: Joyce Abernethy
Secretary: Fiona Errington
Committee Members: Laura Trapnell
Children may only be collected by their parents/guardians or named contacts. We require a password and authorisation for them to leave the Club with anyone else.
Safety and discipline
- To enable the children to have fun safely, reasonable behaviour is essential. The Club expects and will encourage children to behave responsibly and to respect both staff and each other.
- Children are expected to respond to requests from staff. Repeated disobedience could disrupt the Club for all.
- Consequently, as a last resort, the Club reserves the right to terminate membership.
Sickness, accidents, first aid and emergencies
If you child becomes ill during a Club session, every attempt will be made to contact one of the people on the registration form to arrange collection. The child will be cared for until he/she is collected.
- In case of a minor accident, basic first aid will be administered.
- In the case of an accident requiring more than basic first aid every attempt will be made to contact the parent/guardian to advise and discuss what action should be taken. An ambulance will be called for all major accidents.
- All accidents and emergencies are entered in the accident folder, incident log.